The event was very casual, with each of us setting up an area to hand out patches, pins etc along with business cards. Once again proving the most valuable part of this academy is the networking and relationships we will build. It was almost like trick or treating. One of my classmates compared it to a craft fair or flea market. If you are coming to NA in future session, bring as much stuff as you can. I brought 200 patches and 150 pins. Everything was gone by the end of the night.
I brought LVPD shoulder patches, lapel pins and a few die cast police cars. Here are a few photos from the event.
The patches, coins and pins I collected
Chief Brian Paulsen, Yankton PD (former Plattsmouth, NE Chief)
Me and Captain Larry Dyess, Jefferson Parish, LA
Me, Lt Leanna Ellis, Story County IA and Major Greg Stallman, Woodbury County, IA
Me with Inspector Emir Kajmakovic, Bosnia Herzegovina
Me with Stephen Orikasa, Maui, HI and Thomas Talfinger, Honolulu, HI
Patch and coin from Lt Jason Proctor, Nashville Metro PD
Pope Francis Commemorative NYPD coin from Lt Chris Sharpe, NYPD
FBI NA souvenir Nevada License Plate from Lt Kevin Melone, NV
The blizzard of 2016 in the DC Metro area is underway, I'll share some photos in my next post, the base is closed for the weekend..... Wish me luck! #snowmageddon
No comments:
Post a Comment